|MAIN PAGE > PRODUCTS > HT-777 > MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET||BACK ONE|
This is a product that when mixed with water forms a creamy, non- acidic paste that will remove both organic and inorganic stains from polished marble and other substrates, returning the stone to its natural color and hue. It is made from mild, biodegradable detergents, clays and powders and will not etch marble or any other polished surface. The product's "wicking" action allows the cleaning chemistry to pull out stains that are deeply set in the stone. HT-777's Poultice Additive is a liquid that contains additional detergents and wetting agents that will enhance the cleaning properties of the poultice. The product is easy to use and virtually odorless. Large areas can be cleaned at one time.
How To Use Product
It may be advantageous to pre-clean extremely blackened marble with HYDROCLEAN'S HT-704 LIMESTONE and MARBLE PRECLEANER OR HYDROCLEAN'S HT-700 POLISHED MARBLE & GRANITE CLEANER. Prior to starting work, small tests sample areas should be cleaned to determine the best dwell time for the poultice and/or how much additive should be added to the poulticing material.
1. Empty enough poulticing material to more than cover the stained area into a suitable container.
2. Add just enough clean, potable water to bring the mixture to a uniform, thick, creamy mixture.
3. Add HT-777's Poultice Additive to the slurry. For best results, mix 1 /4 ounce to 1 /2 ounce of liquid additive per pound of poulticing material (generally 16 to 32 ounces liquid per 100 pounds of poulticing material) and continue to thoroughly mix to a uniform consistency.
4. Apply the mixture by trowel to the stained substrate until a uniform 1/4 inch coating is achieved.
5. Cover the troweled area with a thin polyethylene sheet and secure the edges with tape.
6. Allow to sit for 12 to 48 hours.
7. Remove the poultice and the staining material using a plastic scraper and either hand wash with a sponge or soft cloth and plain water, or rinse using 800 psi @ 1/2 GPM water through a low volume pressure washer.
An ambient temperature of under 50 degrees F (10 degrees C)could adversely effect the cleaning properties of HT-777. Best results are obtained with ambient temperatures of 75 degrees F or above.
Although HT-777 MARBLE POULTICE is a mild alkaline cleaner, it is always recommended that the applicator wear appropriate clothing. Keep away from eyes and skin. Do not ingest internally or breathe any mist. An eye wash solution should be kept on the jobsite at all times. HT-777 will not bleach or etch the surface being cleaned. The product is harmless to most other materials, however, adjacent surfaces should be protected to prevent "clean spots".
HYDROCLEAN'S HT-777 MARBLE POULTICE is completely biodegradable. The effluent, if washed into the soil, will break down rapidly. Check local regulations for disposal requirements if any.
HT-777 MARBLE POULTICE has a multitude of different applications on various other substrates. It can be very effective in removing petroleum based oils from both polished and unpolished stone surfaces. Check with your local HYDROCLEAN representative for other applications.
Since HYDROCHEMICAL TECHNIQUES, Inc. shall have no control of the use of the product described herein, HYDROCHEMICAL TECHNIQUES, Inc. assumes no liability for the loss or damage incurred from the improper use of such product.
|MAIN PAGE > PRODUCTS > HT-777 : TOP > MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET||BACK ONE|
All information and photos are copyright Hydroclean.
No material may be reproduced without express written permission from Hydrochemcial Techniques, Inc.
Hydrochemical Techniques, Inc.
PO Box 2078
Hartford, CT 06145
Tel: 800-278-7681 860-527-6350